I recently had the good fortune – and the immense pleasure – of spending a week riding a pre-production version of Velorangutan’s in-house full-suspension Ti build. To be sold under the Ilse brand, the ‘Bad Ass’ ate up everything I could find to throw at it. Fast on the straights, snappy on the corners, and with some rather fancy wireless technology, the bike pretty much rode itself. I hit the new bermy trails at Forrest Creek, the chunk and climbing of Steiner Ranch, a lap at Walnut Creek, and a long, humid ride on the South Austin Trail Network.
- The flowing line of the Ti lower tube means two water bottles!
- 29 x 2.4″ Pirelli Scorpions – based on the legendary Euro car tire
- Rockshox Pike 140 fork
- Rockshox Deluxe Ultimate 130 rear shock
- Head angle: 66 °
- Seattube angle 76 °
- SRAM AXS wireless shifter and dropper
- T47 bottom bracket
- Magura quad piston brakes
For more info, contact Wes@Velorangutan.com.